To recognize innovative, life-enhancing interior design that contributes to the quality of healthcare
Contract magazine, in partnership with the Center for Health Design, is accepting entries for the 2018 Healthcare Environment Awards, honoring innovative architectural and interior design solutions that enhance the quality of healthcare delivery.
- Acute (inpatient) Care Facilities
- Ambulatory (outpatient) Care Facilities
- Long-Term Care/Assisted Living Facilities
- Health & Fitness Wellness Facilities
- Landscape Design (interior and exterior; healing gardens, etc.)
- Conceptual Design (professional, unbuilt projects)
- Student Design Work [students only category]
Deadline is Friday, July 13, 2018, midnight Eastern.
Professional Entries for Built, Completed Work
- Visual and graphic images of interior spaces that support an environment capable of improving the quality of healthcare based on sound evidence-based design principles.
- A demonstrated response to the program statement.
- A demonstrated partnership between the clients and design professionals.
- Client feedback or testimony included in the description about how the project improves the quality of healthcare:
- Does it demonstrate sensitivity to patient needs and seek to improve therapeutic outcomes, enhance staff performance, and increase visitor and community participation?
- Were higher satisfaction ratings by patients, families, and staff a key design objective?
Professional Conceptual Entries and Student Entries
- A demonstrated response to the goals mentioned in the project description.
- Visual and graphic images that support an environment capable of improving the quality of healthcare.
Rules for Entry
- Only entries submitted electronically at https://hcenvironment.secure-platform.com/a/organizations/main/home will be accepted.
- Professional entries of built work must be interiors that are fully operational no earlier than September 1, 2016, and no later than July 1, 2018.
- Entries must not have been entered in previous Healthcare Environment Awards competitions.
- Firms may enter multiple projects within the same year. The projects can be in the same category.
- Professional entries of built completed work must include a minimum six and maximum of 10 photographs, as well as minimum one floor plan, all submitted in .jpg format.
- Each professional built and conceptual entry must include a $250 entry fee. Student entries have a $25 fee. With your entry, all fees are paid online by credit card.
- Conceptual entries and student entries must include .jpg images of renderings or photographs of models.
- For student entry: Students must include their name, full home address, mail address, and name of their school. Student entries must have been completed in either the 2016-17 or 2017-18 school years.
- The decisions of the judges is final. The judges reserve the right to make no award.
- Winners will be announced at the Center for Health Design’s awards presentation on Monday, November 12, 2018, during the 2018 Healthcare Design Expo & Conference in Phoenix.
- One award will be presented to each winning project.
- The Center for Health Design will require winners to assemble presentation boards of projects for display at the 2018 Healthcare Design Expo & Conference.
- Winning projects will be featured in the November 2018 issue of Contract magazine, which focuses on healthcare design, and at The Center for Health Design’s website: healthdesign.org.
Each entry will be reviewed by a jury of designers and architects with expertise in healthcare design, including one member of the board of The Center for Health Design. The 2018 jurors are:
Betsy Beaman, Principal, EYP/Stanley Beaman & Sears
Rosalyn Cama, President, CAMA, Inc.
Melissa Keeney, Director of Design, Spellman Brady & Company
Tiana Lemons, Healthcare Design Studio Leader, Orcutt/Winslow
How to Enter
Click on the link below to create a login. Follow the step to the entry page and the payment page. Entries are only accepted digitally. Payment is accepted through PayPal or with a credit/debit card.
Professional entry fee is $250 per entry. Student entry fee is $25 per entry.
If you have any questions about this competition, please contacct Lauren Volker.